BOOST YOUR PROPERTY’S CURB APPEAL WITH THESE MAKEOVERS
If your home is looking a little jaded, and you would like to give it a facelift, there are many things you can do to brighten up the exterior. Of course, any improvements will add to the value of the property.
With that in mind, here are a few ways that you can transform the front of your home.
- Resurface the Driveway – Block paving makes for a stunning driveway, and with a range of attractive colours, the design options are almost unlimited. Block paving will stand the test of time, and if installed on a concrete base, it will withstand the heaviest vehicles. If block paving isn’t your thing, why not choose some natural stone paving? Marble or granite, for example, would certainly add some character to the front of your property, and while it won’t be cheap, it will last a lifetime.
- Retile the Roof – If you talk to a Sydney slate roofing company, they could help you to select a great design, and as the roof structure is sound, they can actually fit a new layer of slate tiles on top of the existing tiles, which will keep the cost down to an acceptable level. A slate roof will transform the front of your home, and your new roof will last for decades, providing it has been professionally installed. If you are unsure about a suitable design, the local roofing company would have many images of their previous work for you to look at, and with their help, a suitable design can be agreed upon.
- Replace the Garage Doors – With a slate roof and a block paving driveway, replacing the garage doors will complete the new look. There are automated solutions, and many different opening styles, with a choice of steel. Aluminium, or seasoned timber. The garage door supplier would recommend a made to measure solution, which ensures a perfect fit, and you can choose an attractive colour that matches the driveway. There is a very long list of home makeover ideas, which will certainly give you a few ideas on how best to give your home a facelift.
- Gating and Fencing – The perimeter fencing might have seen better days, and you can either replace it with a composite material or repaint the existing fencing, which will provide the finishing touches to the makeover. If you would like to explore the potential that new fencing offers, a Google search will help you to locate a nearby supplier.
- Landscape the Front Elevation – You could re-turf the lawn and create a nice rockery or add a few flower beds, while a row of conifer trees would also look attractive along the perimeter. Now is the perfect time to landscape the garden, and a Google image search is sure to give you some design inspiration.
Prior to making any of the above improvements, you should take a before photo, then once everything has been done, take another picture from the exact same spot. This will really highlight the transformation, and you should consider the improvements as money well spent, as your home will be transformed into a property that raises eyebrows.