You will get different types and categories of BP credit card such as an ordinary BP credit card, a BP Visa Signature card or a BP Visa card. When you have one or a couple of these cards with you, you will not have to think twice about how you are going to pay the next time you need to fill up your vehicle with gas. What is more, if you have the right type of reward card with you, you can even save some more dollars with every gallon of gas you purchase.
Ideally and just as the name suggests, a BP credit card is a good choice for a frequenting BP gas station customer.
- A standards BP card will enable you to earn a discount of $0.10 on each gallon when you use this card.
- However, if you want to earn even more rewards on your gas purchase as well as in any other purchases, you may use a BP Visa credit card.
- Moreover, depending on your credit score, you may even be eligible to apply and get approved for a BP Visa Signature card with similar reward programs as the BP Visa card but with additional benefits.
All these cards will provide value for anyone who spends a lot of money on gas every month.
About the basics
The fundamental feature of a BP credit card which is specially designed to be used at BP gas stations is that it will give you a bit more flexibility in terms of rewards and benefits.
- Apart from that, the APR and fees of these cards are also a bit different from any normal credit card. Usually, these cards do not have an annual fee. As for the APR, it is the same unvarying APR of 27.24% is applicable.
- However, if you use this for cash advances the APR will go up a bit higher to 29.99%. As for the fees charged if you take a cash advance with a BP credit card or a BP Visa card, it is either $10 or 5% of the total cash advance amount taken, whichever is higher.
- Ideally, cash advances in general for any credit card are very expensive and are similar to loans and therefore should be taken with extreme caution only during the time of an emergency. Even the late payment fee is also very high in both these cards.
Moreover, if you use the BP Visa card outside the country then you may have to pay an additional foreign transaction fee that may be as high as 3% of the amount taken out.
There are usually their ways in which you can earn rewards when you purchase your gas using BP credit cards.
- First, you can use the BP Driver Rewards program which is not a credit card and is free for all to join
- Second, is the bp credit card that as mentioned earlier will allow you to earn $0.10 off on every gallon of gas purchased and
- Third, the BP Visa credit card will give you a chance to earn even more savings with every purchase of gas and other purchases.
Usually, a BP Visa card offers rewards through three different levels such as:
- $0.25 per gallon for every $100 purchase at BP
- $0.15 per gallon for the same amount on any eligible grocery, travel or dining purchases and
- $0.05 per gallon on every $100 spent anywhere where this BP Visa card is accepted apart from the non-BP gas stations.
All these rewards will add up very quickly provided that you use the card on a regular basis.
However, the BP Visa card will usually offer a one-time introductory bonus to the qualifying members for opening a new account. This introductory offer may allow you to earn a $0.25 off on each gallon for purchase of gas of $100 in any gas station where BP Visa card is accepted for the first three months except for those purchases made at any non-BP gas stations.
The long and short of the whole story is that these cards can really save you money. When the prices of gas are low a BP credit card and a BP Visa card can ideally wipe out the entire cost of your gas. Since BP will never reduce their price of gas per gallon to zero, this is a substantial benefit that you enjoy using these cards.
On the other hand, when the prices of gas increases you will still be able to earn handsome discounts provided you use one of these cards frequently. This earning will be even more if you particularly stick with your BP Visa card.
Beyond the basics
There are a few things that are beyond the basics of BP credit cards when you want to use it for your beneficial purpose.
When it comes to redeeming the BP credit card rewards whether it is a standard BP credit card or a BP Visa, there are some rules to keep in mind on how you can use them.
- Irrespective of the type of the card, the rewards will expire 12 months after the month in which these are issued. Therefore, you should not procrastinate in using them so as to lose your rewards earned.
- There may also be a few restrictions in the number of gallons you can apply for your rewards in a single purchase of gas.
- Usually, these rewards can be redeemed in an increment of one cent up to a maximum of 20 gallons per transaction but ideally in a one-time fill-up. There is always the lowest possible price per gallon which may be $0.109 or 10.9 cents.
- Make sure that you redden your rewards at participating BP stations only as rewards that may remain after a fill-up for 10.9 cents rewarded per gallon may roll over in the future.
However, any unused rewards will be forfeited and there may be a few specific BP branded locations wherein you cannot redeem your points. Therefore, know about these locations, the pros and cons, and terms and limitations applicable before you apply.